31 Oct 2010

Review: "Hush, hush" - Kiss kiss, bang bang


I've read so much about this book. As a Twilight-lover I have been on the lookout for some YA to satisfy my craving for teenage romance and I was quite sure that "Hush, Hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick would fit the bill. And it did actually.

The storyline is YA classic. Teenager Nora Grey lives with her mother who is never home and goes to the local high school where she hangs out with her best friend Vee. However, when she ends up sitting next to the next and slightly mysterious guy Patch Cipriano things suddenly begin happening. Patch knows things about her and he makes her feel insecure and unsafe. He stalks her, makes her feel uncomfortable and she is worried that someone (Patch?) is trying to kill her. The chemistry between Nora and Patch is undeniable and as the story moves forward, they come closer and closer.

I liked this story. It delivered what it promised, nothing more nothing less. It had no real depth and it was quite predictable but at the same time it satisfied my desire for a real YA novel. I enjoyed the banter and chemistry between the two main characters and most of all I enjoyed Nora. She has so much more spark and energy than Bella from Twilight. She is actually really cool - the kind of girl that I wouldn't mind hanging out with. She is a good friend, a brave girl who has a sense of humor.

If you liked Twilight, I think there is a 99% chance that you will like "Hush, hush".

3 comments:

  1. Another book doing the rounds amongst my friends daughters, I can't wait to get my hands on it even if it is only to compare it with the Twilight books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) yes my curiosity got the better of me - let me know what your friends' daugthers are saying. Do you think this will be the next twilight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. While Twilight lost some of it's luster with me towards the end, I am still interested in this one, because it is different. Fallen angels so misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete